Cuba/Cuba, arrestations, intimidations 06082015
« Free Gorki: State Security arrests Cuban musician on 21st anniversary of Cuban uprising
"They violate all your rights one after another: the right to march peacefully, to freedom of expression, right to travel, arbitrary arrest. It is incredible all that they do in just one arrest." - Gorki Aguila, following his release on August 5, 2015
Today marks 21 years since the August 5, 1994 uprising in Cuba that became known as "El Maleconazo." At around 12 noon today, August 5, 2015, Cuban punk rock musician Gorki Aguila was taken from his home by the police. Gorki has spent time in prison in Cuba for his songs dissenting with the dictatorship and been threatened with another political show trial on more than one occasion. He has also stood in solidarity with imprisoned Cuban artists such as El Sexto and with Cuba's Ladies in White. ...
Update: The good news is that Gorki was freed around 4:00pm and that international press picked up the story of his detention the same day. The bad news is that he has been threatened by Cuban officials that if he continues to support the Ladies in White on Sundays and attend opposition meetings at Gandhi Park he will no longer be allowed to travel outside of Cuba. »
Bon, pas d'accident de la route cette fois ci. Gorki Aguila a eu de la chance.
- "L'égalitarisme doctrinaire s'efforce vainement de contraindre la nature biologique et sociale, il ne parvient pas à l'égalité mais à la tyrannie." - Raymond Aron
- L'État représente la violence sous une forme concentrée et organisée. L'individu a une âme, mais l'État, étant une machine sans âme, ne peut jamais renoncer à la violence à laquelle il doit sa propre existence. - Gandhi
- http://freecubafoundation.blogspot.fr Blog à suivre pour avoir des nouvelles de Cuba
- https://twitter.com/freecubafndtn le compte twitter de la Free Cuba Fundation
- 1/1/2014 La peur de la parole (via @Contrepoints) http://www.contrepoints.org/2014/01/01/151911-la-peur-de-la-parole
- 17/07/2013 Un demi-siècle de misère à Cuba (via @Contrepoints) http://www.contrepoints.org/2013/07/17/130963-un-demi-siecle-de-misere-a-cuba
- 22/10/2012 L’égalité à la Castro (via @Contrepoints) http://www.contrepoints.org/2012/10/22/101606-legalite-a-la-castro
- 9/10/2012 Yoani Sanchez, libérée, raconte sa détention (via @Contrepoints) http://www.contrepoints.org/2012/10/09/99929-yoani-sanchez-liberee-raconte-sa-detention
- http://www.contrepoints.org/tag/cuba L'ensemble des articles de Contrepoints sur Cuba