Rand : Différence entre versions
|Ligne 2 :||Ligne 2 :|
* 02/02/1905 - 06/03/1982
* 02/02/1905 - 06/03/1982
Version du 16 février 2014 à 09:04
- 02/02/1905 - 06/03/1982
- "La différence entre un Etat-providence et un Etat totalitaire est une question de temps" - Ayn Rand
- "Les idées nauséabondes ne sont dangereuses qu'en l'absence d'hommes pour en défendre de meilleures." - Ayn Rand
- "Ne laisse pas périr ce héros qui habite ton âme dans les regrets frustrés d’une vie que tu aurais méritée, mais que tu n’as jamais pu atteindre." - Ayn Rand
- A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, *not* by the desire to beat others.
- All philosophical con games count on your using words as vague approximations.
- An attempt to achieve the good by force is like an attempt to provide a man with a picture gallery at the price of cutting out his eyes.
- Any alleged "right" of one man, which necessitates the violation of the rights of another, is not and cannot be a right.
- Any attempt to act for the 'good of others' is a piece of vicious impertinence.
- A person who exists only for the sake of his loved one is not an independent entity, but a spiritual parasite.
- A refusal to vote represents a definite expression of political opinion, a rejection of the candidates & the programs offered.
- Civilization is the process of setting man free from men.
- Credit is not...a magic piece of paper that reverses cause and effect, and transforms consumption into a source of production.
- Dependence breeds hatred. only free men can afford to be benevolent. only free men can love and respect one another.
- Freedom, in a political context ... means freedom from the coercive power of the state---and nothing else.
- Government was set to protect man from criminals, and the constitution was written to protect man from the government.
- Ideas are the meaning of life, the only things that make a human life, as distinguished from an animal one.
- if men want to oppose war, it is *statism* that they must oppose
- If one's actions are honest, one does not need the predated confidence of others, only their rational perception.
- In a civilized society, force may be used only in retaliation, and only against those who initiate its use.
- In any hour and issue of his life, man is free to think or to evade that effort.
- In order to fight any issue, it is necessary to fight *for* something, not merely *against* something.
- Inflation is a man-made scourge, made possible by the fact that most men do not understand it.
- Instead of prosperity, socialism has brought economic paralysis and/or collapse to every country that tried it.
- In the realm of cognition, the special sciences are the trees, but philosophy is the soil which makes the forest possible.
- I do not surrender my reason or deal with men who surrender theirs
- I shall choose friends among men, but neither slaves nor masters.
- Joy is not the absence of pain.
- Life is a value to be bought and ... thinking is the only coin noble enough to buy it.
- Man cannot survive except by gaining knowledge, and reason is his only means to gain it.
- Man is not a lone wolf and he is not a social animal. he is a contractual animal.
- Men prosper or fail, survive or perish in proportion to the degree of their rationality.
- No mater how vast your knowledge or how modest, it is your own mind that has to acquire it.
- Of any achievements open to you, the one that makes all others possible is the creation of your own character.
- Once men have accepted the idea of self-sacrifice as the good, they have accepted the idea of sacrificing others, too.
- One cannot force men -- or nations -- to live as human beings if they prefer to be swine in a collectivist pig pen.
- One of the most dangerous things a man can do is to surrender his moral autonomy to others.
- One should never attempt to deprive a man of the consequences of his actions, good or evil
- Paper [money] is a check drawn by legal looters upon an account which is not theirs: upon the virtue of the victims.
- Paper [money] is a mortgage on wealth that does not exist, backed by a gun aimed at those who are expected to produce it.
- Philosophy is the soil which makes the forest possible
- The businessman's tool is *values*; the bureaucrat's tool is *fear*.
- The creator's concern is the conquest of nature. the parasite's concern is the conquest of men.
- The creator originates. the parasite borrows. the creator faces nature alone. the parasite faces nature through an intermediary.
- The degree of a country's freedom is the degree of its prosperity.
- The free-enterpriser works for what he gets. the modern american collectivist grabs what he can get away with.
- The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody has decided not to see.
- The human characteristic required by statism is docility, which is the product of hopelessness and intellectual stagnation
- The man who does not value himself, cannot value anything or anyone - Ayn Rand
- The man who produces while others dispose of his product is a slave
- The moral is the chosen, not the forced; the understood, not the obeyed.
- The only cardinal evil on earth is that of placing your prime concern within other men.
- The original talent is the rarest thing in the world.
- The power of production is not the same thing as the power of coercion by physical force.
- The power that determines the establishment, the changes, the evolution, and the destruction of social systems is philosophy
- The precondition of a civilized society is the barring of physical force from social relationships
- The protection of individual rights is the only proper purpose of a government
- The smallest minority on earth is the individual.
- The vilest form of self-abasement and self-destruction is the subordination of your mind to the mind of another.
- There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think
- There are two potential violators of man's rights: the criminals and the government.
- There comes a point, in the defeat of any man of virtue, when his own consent is needed for evil to win.
- There is only one standard of justice in the field of economics: the verdict of a free market.
- There's only one form of human depravity, the man without a purpose.
- Thinking men cannot be ruled. - Ayn Rand
- To love the ideal and also those who betray it, is only to betray the ideal.
- Tribalism is a product of fear, and fear is the dominant emotion of any person, culture or society that rejects...reason.
- We must learn to reject the conception that the common good is served by the abolition of individual rights.
- What greater wealth is there than to own your life and to spend it on growing?
- What you owe yourself is to work for your living; what you owe your neighbor is not to interfere with his work.
- When men fight a war for freedom, they are fighting for their lives.
- When men live by trade, it is the best product that wins, the best performance, the man of best judgment and highest ability.
- When personal judgment is inoperative or forbidden, men's first concern is not how to choose, but how to justify their choice.
- When you have made evil the means of survival, do not expect men to remain good.
- Whoever claims the "right" to "redistribute" the wealth produced by others is claiming the "right" to treat human beings as
- You cannot convert others to your ideas, if you have no consistent, logical arguments and proofs to offer.
- http://www.contrepoints.org/2011/09/22/44626-la-greve-oeuvre-matricielle-dune-generation-dadeptes article critique
- "Réponse à Télérama sur Ayn Rand" http://www.contrepoints.org/2012/10/26/102148-reponse-a-telerama-sur-ayn-rand
- "Retour sur Ayn Rand : d’Atlas shrugged à la grève libérale" http://www.contrepoints.org/2012/03/22/74171-retour-sur-ayn-rand-datlas-shrugged-a-la-greve-liberale