Record du monde pour un drone solaire 03082015
Nouveau record du monde pour un drone solaire : 81 heures de vol !
« Solar-powered 81-hours flight successful: A new endurance world record! Posted on July 20, 2015
Two weeks after having demonstrated AtlantikSolar’s first 24-hour flight , the fixed-wing team of ETH Zurich’s Autonomous Systems Lab has reached another milestone: A continuous flight of its 6.8kg AtlantikSolar Unmanned Aerial Vehicle that spanned a total of 2316km and 81.5 hours (4 days and 3 nights) and has broken the flight endurance world record in its class. ... More specifically, this fifth test flight of the AtlantikSolar 2 (AS-2) UAV
- sets a new world record for the longest ever demonstrated continuous flight of all aircrafts below 50kg total mass, and is also the longest-ever continuous flight of a low-altitude long-endurance (LALE) aircraft (the previous record being a 48-hour flight by the 13kg SoLong UAV ).
- is the second-longest flight ever demonstrated by an Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (behind Airbus Space’s 53kg Zephyr 7)
- is the third-longest flight ever demonstrated by a solar airplane (behind Airbus Space’s 53kg Zephyr 7 and the 2300kg Solar Impulse 2)
- is the fifth-longest flight ever demonstrated by any aircraft (both manned and unmanned).
In addition, the flight is a first important milestone to verify the UAV’s ability to stay airborne for multiple days while providing telecommunication services in large-scale disaster-scenarios or live-imagery during industrial sensing and inspection missions. »
L'article original complet http://www.atlantiksolar.ethz.ch/?p=670
- https://twitter.com/ATLANTIKSOLAR compte twitter de l'équipe AtlantikSolar