- "A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, *not* by the desire to beat others."
- Any alleged "right" of one man, which necessitates the violation of the rights of another, is not and cannot be a right.
- "Any attempt to act for the 'good of others' is a piece of vicious impertinence."
- "A person who exists only for the sake of his loved one is not an independent entity, but a spiritual parasite."
- "Ideas are the meaning of life, the only things that make a human life, as distinguished from an animal one."
- "In order to fight any issue, it is necessary to fight *for* something, not merely *against* something."
- "Joy is not the absence of pain."
- "Man cannot survive except by gaining knowledge, and reason is his only means to gain it."
- "Once men have accepted the idea of self-sacrifice as the good, they have accepted the idea of sacrificing others, too."
- "The creator originates. the parasite borrows. the creator faces nature alone. the parasite faces nature through an intermediary."
- "The degree of a country's freedom is the degree of its prosperity."
- "The free-enterpriser works for what he gets. the modern american collectivist grabs what he can get away with."
- "The man who produces while others dispose of his product is a slave"
- "The original talent is the rarest thing in the world."
- "The power of production is not the same thing as the power of coercion by physical force." - a rand #quote
- "The protection of individual rights is the only proper purpose of a government" ayn rand http://t.co/x2yl0c4
- "[t]here comes a point, in the defeat of any man of virtue, when his own consent is needed for evil to win."
- "There is only one standard of justice in the field of economics: the verdict of a free market."
- "To love the ideal and also those who betray it, is only to betray the ideal."
- "Tribalism is a product of fear, and fear is the dominant emotion of any person, culture or society that rejects...reason."
- "What you owe yourself is to work for your living; what you owe your neighbor is not to interfere with his work."
- "When men fight a war for freedom, they are fighting for their lives."
- Whoever claims the "right" to "redistribute" the wealth produced by others is claiming the "right" to treat human beings as chattel.
- "You cannot convert others to your ideas, if you have no consistent, logical arguments and proofs to offer."
- "retour sur ayn rand : d’atlas shrugged à la grève libérale" contrepoints.org/2012/03/22/741…